View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013   #29
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41467 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 3rd round Sam Montgomery DE/OLB

"You know, some weeks when we didn't have to play the harder teams, there were some times when effort was not needed," he said. "But when we had the big boys coming in, the Bamas or the South Carolinas, I grabbed close to those guys and went all out. Of course, this is a new league, the NFL and there are no small teams, small divisions, it is all Alabamas and LSUs every week. It's definitely something I have to get adjusted to, but I'm sure with the right coaching I will be fine."
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...9716--nfl.html
OK this guy is easily the most intriguing prospect the Texans have drafted this year, so far atleast. I've seen him graded first and second round, but he's dropped quite a lot because of a curious attitude (too much candor maybe ?).
I think this is more of Wades' influence, because he's able to get some players thru McNairs watchful eyes that probably couldn't have made it before the DCs arrival. I like this pick - definitely risky, but upside for sure
and yet it's practically a 4th round pick, so not a huge investment by the Texans.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote