View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013   #82
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Draft Grade - Round 1 DeAndre Hopkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I look at it like this.

If you have a particular guy you want and someone offers you to trade back, you've got to weigh what they're offering against how bad you want that guy and if you think he's going to be there when you get to pick. If you don't think he's going to be there and he's The Guy, then you don't trade back. You make your pick.

If you don't have The Guy but a bunch of guys you like or if you think you're the only one coveting your Guy so he'll still be there, go ahead and trade back.

I think the Texans looked Hopkins as The Guy and when he was there, they weren't going to risk losing him. I got no problem with that.
^^^^
This.

And apparently "The Guy" for Belichick was gone and he figured with a fist-full of extra picks he might uncover a viable substitute. Hence, he pulled the trigger on the trade.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote