View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013   #77
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Draft Grade - Round 1 DeAndre Hopkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I agree. I can imagine the Texans putting their board together & going through their mock drafts & everytime saying, "Damn, if only Hopkins would be there." They may even tried to assemble a trade package that they were comfortable with to get him, but fought themselves to slow down.....

Then when he was there, probably a no brainer. They might have held out for a rich trade & the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th wasn't enough for them to drop out of the first... which is totally understandable.

Then when you consider they probably thought the Vikings were targeting their guy... no way.
With the way the draft was unfolding, I wouldn't think that they were more concerned with Hopkins going off the board than when the draft started. There were no signs that a run on WRs was imminent. As far as the Texans FO getting what they wanted, this draft seems to have fallen just about perfectly for them in the first round.

Now, the best thing for us is to have a run on QBs, RBs, WRs and maybe even CBs here in the 2nd round. There aren't alot of OLBs, ILBs, or RTs that I like with this 2nd rounder. Let's hope our guy at one of those positions, or at NT, is available.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote