View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013   #66
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142041 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Draft Grade - Round 1 DeAndre Hopkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I hate it. Freak'n Andre Johnson is going to start thinking he runs the team.

It wasn't just Martin, it was the whole team.

One of the questions I asked last offseason, was if Kubiak knew how to handle success. I seriously doubted we would match our 2010 performance. It's one thing when no one has any expectations.

But when you're thought of as "the best team in the league" I bet they could have made diamonds at Reliant. He & the team were too wound up. & that's why we saw Andre dropping TDs, Arian tripping over his own two feet, Schaub trying to act like Aaron Rogers..... & LeStar, KeShawn, & Posey flash & fade.

He knew it was the problem, he mentioned as much in December. Just couldn't do anything about it.... & that's troubling.

That's the way I see it anyway.
Wow.

I mean.

You make it sound like we finished 10-6 in 2011 and then the wheels came off in 2012.

So how did we handle success? We went 12-4 and won a game in the playoffs. That's pretty damned good. That's not as good as we would have liked but that doesn't mean it was some sort of monumental collapse under the pressure.

Kubiak has been involved with some pretty successful teams as an OC and as a QB. I don't think he has a problem handling success.

Now. Our team fell apart near the end of the season. Some guys that needed to step up didn't. Some guys who'd been playing well early in the season started to come apart at the end of the season.

You live and you learn from those experiences. We'll be a better team next year because of it.

At least, that's the way I see it.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote