View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013   #57
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Draft Grade - Round 1 DeAndre Hopkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Quote from the Panthers GM which I think applies superbly to this situation:
Well, Bill Belichik would disagree and he has the record to prove it.

And it's not like I'm advocating trading down all the times. You do it when it makes sense. The Texans traded back last year, didn't they?

This year, if the Texans had made the trade that Belichik executed, with pick 52 and 83, they might be able to get 2 out of the 7 or 8 receivers remaining that a lot of TT draftniks would be happy with. Let them two compete with each other and the guys we currently have for the two spots next to AJ.

Hunter, Rodgers, Patton, Dobson, Allen, Woods, Wheaton are some of the names.
Or the Texans can use one pick for a WR and one for a choice of OT, pass rusher (DE or OLB), ILB, NT, safety.

And they still have the 102 pick for addl' depth and the extra seventh to take a flyer on a guy that is really raw or didn't have a clear position.

To me, that makes a lot of sense.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote