View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013   #17
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217952 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Casserly says Texans potential target for 2nd rd QBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
It's crazy to think that the Chiefs gave up the 34th selection for Alex Smith, when they could have held onto it and waited to see what QBs fall to that spot. At least 2 of Geno, Nassib and Barkley will be there at that pick for a fraction of the cost of Alex Smith. I bet the 49ers trade back from that spot and let the Cardinals or Jets jump up to get one of those QBs.
I dont think its all that crazy .... Alex Smith is a proven NFL starter at the QB spot. His 2011 season was great - only 5 INT's in 16 starts (445 attempts) , I believe that tied an NFL record.
Thru 10 games in 2012 he was even better than 2011 posting a QB rating of 104.1 and a 70+% completion percentage prior to the injury and the decision to stick with Kaepernick

Ive gone on record as saying I didnt think any of this years QB crop was of NFL quality - I stand by that statement.

I'd take Smith over any QB in this years draft .... (next year is a totally different story).

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote