View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013   #141
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 262799 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 1st Round- DeAndre Hopkins WR Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80tothezone View Post
we need depth pretty much everywhere else except NT. In the first round I think you draft your starter. I like the pick, we have needed a #2 WR for years and I think we finally got it.
I totally agree with the unbolded part.

I don't know that I agree with the bolded part at all.

NT: It all depends on how Wade feels about Mitchell. If he thinks Earl's ready for the starter spot, then we just need someone we can rotate in with him. So we need depth at that spot although someone to push Mitchell for the starting spot would be great.

ILB/OLB: This is where it gets tricky. At ILB, we've got Cushing and we've got depth but we don't have the other ILB. Unless we're sure Brooks Reed is going to slide over and take that starter ILB spot.

If Brooks Reed ISN'T sliding over, then we need a starter for that second ILB spot. And we need someone for our OLB rotation with Reed and Mercilus.

If Brooks Reed IS sliding over, then we need a starter for the OLB spot AND we need a second OLB for the rotation.

So those are the places where I think we definitely need more than depth. Right tackle is possibly an issue; depending on Newton's recovery, we may need a starter there.

Everywhere else, it's all about if we can upgrade or prepare for the future.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote