View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013   #16
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Casserly says Texans potential target for 2nd rd QBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
Doubtful that any of those guys outperform Smith this year and there will be several good (better) QB prospects available next year (e.g. Boyd, Manziel, Bridgewater, etc.)
So Alex Smith should do better than any of those QBs listed, but they should be looking ahead to the 2014 draft for a QB? Well, if they do too good next year, say 5+ wins, then they probably won't have a shot at getting Boyd or Bridgewater, who will likely be top 3 picks. JFF might be available, but I don't really see him as a franchise QB in the NFL.

On top of that, you gotta think about the future in salary cap football. The Chiefs could cut Alex Smith after this year and will have paid him 10.25m for his one year of service. Compare that to a pick at 34, who will likely cost about 5-6m over 4 years. Yeah, I think I'll take my chances with Geno Smith in Andy Reid's system, thanks.