View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013   #52
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Draft Grade - Round 1 DeAndre Hopkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I guess I didn't make it clear enough.

Let say we did the trade that the Patriots did; it would give us the following picks: 52 (2nd rd), 83 (third round), 102 (fourth round), and 229 (7th round).

We also have these picks: 57 (second round), 89 (third round), 95 (third round), and five other picks.

That's a total of two (2) second rounders, three (3) third rounders and seven (7) other picks.

From 52, to move up to the middle (48) is only 4 slots.
What I mean is that we should be able to use one or two mid and/or late round picks to move up 4-8 spots in the second round, keeping intact two second rounders and three third rounders (rather than 2 third rounders as I had stated.)

Not that we have to, but if we want to, we could.
Quote from the Panthers GM which I think applies superbly to this situation:

Quote:
“No. Why not? . . . If I have a dollar, I’d rather have the dollar than the three dimes. That’s all there is to it,” Gettleman said. “There’s no, listen, when you trade back, you can think you’re smart, but there’s no guarantee, there are none. From my view, Star was too good to pass up. Why talk yourself out of somebody good, ‘Oh I’m going to be clever.