View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013   #26
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 353155 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How into draft R U?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
not really. there are a few guys every year that i know of, have seen enough of to feel confident about how they'll transition to the NFL. Then around this time of year i usually check out a few more. I don't do mock drafts b/c i feel they're just a waste of time considering you don't know how 32 teams have their boards set up and how they value what they already have...you may have an idea about 1 team but 32?
I like to do mock drafts like the Texan's Talk 7 rounder where different guys are picking different for different teams. It makes you learn more about who's out there and gives you a feel for where they'll to in the draft. It also gives you some appreciation for the excitement of having your eye on a guy, hoping that he'll fall to you, or when you've got a list of guys you want and you see them flying off the board.

Now... with that said... it usually doesn't bear a lot of resemblance to what actually happens. There are always surprises and weirdnesses during the draft. But that's part of what makes it so awesome.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote