View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013   #48
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15762 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Draft Grade - Round 1 DeAndre Hopkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80tothezone View Post
I think we are set for starters on D, Reed is solid Mercilus is gonna be really good. Solid in the middle with Cushing and dobbins. Solid outside with jo jo, and jackson, safety well we got Reed and manning.
I'm not sold on Mitchell. The Texans need to draft a good nt. Teams are going to focus on JJ this year and the Texans need to draft some help on the dl for him.

Dobbins is 30 years old and more of a backup than a starter. The Texans need a good ILB next to Cushing. And they don't know how Cushing will be this year after surgery. But Cushing is such a workout warrior that he will probably be back full force. The other option is to kick Reed inside by drafting an OLB. Maybe draft ILB and OLB because in the 3-4 defense LB's are the heart and soul.

The Texans also need someone to replace Antonio Smith in case they don't resign him next year. So DE becomes another important need. They drafted Crick last year but the jury is still out on him. Need depth at DE at the very least.

And finally Ed Reed was a great signing but the guy is 35 and an injury away from leaving a gaping hole in the Texans defense. Plus I believe the wise thing to do would be to draft a good safety prospect to learn under one of the greatest all time.

So yeah I agree with you about the Texans needing depth. But I also think they have some questionable players starting that could be replaced with the right picks.