View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013   #39
80tothezone
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5079 80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected80tothezone is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Draft Grade - Round 1 DeAndre Hopkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Well, had they gotten one of the top 3 OTs, that would have been A worthy. Or a edge rusher like Jordan. I would not have given an A for Tavon Austin. I probably would've give an A grade for Patterson, because I felt he had Dez Bryant/Percy Harvin type ability. But was he a fit in the Texans WCO? I don't think there's any question that Hopkins is a good fit.
I think we are set for starters on D, Reed is solid Mercilus is gonna be really good. Solid in the middle with Cushing and dobbins. Solid outside with jo jo, and jackson, safety well we got Reed and manning.

It seems like the biggest Glaring need was a solid #2 WR. You can fill the rest of the depth in rd 2 and beyond. We needed a starter at WR and depth everywhere else I think they could not have made a better call. Hopkins plays like a beast just like dre. Beef him up a little and we found our Reggie Wayne!
Not to mention if either Posey or Martin shows up next yr you can use him to give Dre a breather from time to time.

Now if we can get a starting ILB or OLB in rd 2 (moving Reed inside next to cushing) I will be happy too but the biggest need was at WR. We lost those games at the end of 2012 because teams figured out that if you blanket #80 it shuts us down. Our defensive problems came from them being on the field to much and injuries. So you draft depth there and get a solid starting #2 WR. Which we did A+ Rick!!!