View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013   #18
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is there a problem with Yates?

I am not a fan of Schaub "the player" nor am I a fan of Yates "the player". Both great guys I'm sure but neither is the answer to the QB question in my mind. Schaub we've seen for years and Yates I think we've seen enough of. Career backup. That's it.

I'm on record as ready to see what comes after the Schaub era but at no point have I ever really thought that would be the Yates era.

All this fecal matter that Jules is spewing about Kubiak being lousy at picking QB's though is just that. Fecal matter. That's a list of reclamation projects, late round flyers, and UDFA toys he's picked up over the years to tinker with. Kubiak always has a project QB hanging around somewhere because he's a guy who likes to sift through the rubble to see if someone else missed something.

That's not a bad thing. That's actually a great thing. For all the reasons there are to ***** about Kubiak I'm surprised that anyone would complain about him looking for passed-over talent.

When he's serious about finding a replacement for Schaub he'll draft that guy and it won't be in the 4th or 5th round.

Yates isn't going to be the starter here. He's going to be our Cody Carlson but that's about it.