View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013   #17
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 2051 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF
Default Re: Is there a problem with Yates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike02 View Post
I'll give you my thoughts:

I'm Texans fan. Right now I am a Schaub fan because I think you can win with him right now but I don't think he has 3 or 4 more years left. I want to draft his replacement and I think that with Geno you can do that and let him marinate in the offence a little before you roll him out. That is not a knock on Yates either. You can either Favre Geno or you can Rodgers him, it doesn't matter to me but I think there is a lot of value in Geno at the beginning of the second round. Of course I don't think we'll have a shot at him given the bedazzled cats are probably going to draft him with the first pick tonight.

As it stands this team's window is 2 years. Hopefully D'andre can come in and replace AJ as the number 1 in time. If that happens then we really just need to replace Schaub and keep trucking.

This team is set up to be a Pittsburgh kind of team at this point. We are so young at most positions and have decent depth, I want to see this window stay open for a decade and we have that opportunity if we start thinking forward just a little bit. If you don't get Schaub's replacement on the roster soon then you're gonna shut that window before too long. That is not to say that Yates isn't the next guy, it is to say that we don't know that for sure and having two potential sucessors is better than having one.

I'm not down on Yates or Schaub I'm just up on having multiple options.

Mike
I have been up all night because of my job but,I like this explainantion. It seems reasonable and well thought out instead of reactionary or hostile to any person or group of persons. It is an explainantion rather than an argument. It is not demeaning to either Schaub or Yates(nor Kubiak), but allows one to scratch that itch of slight dissatisfaction without having to either be a sunshiner or a hater. Looks to the future and asks that bases be covered without disregarding anyone's talent or contributions to the team. REP
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote