Originally Posted by Corrosion
Yates won you a playoff game as a rookie - neither RG3 or Luck can say that much.
Look, if you're going to play the game, you have to know the rules.
- Stats don't count when they favor Schaub/Yates
- Stats rule when we're talking about anyone but Schaub/Yates
- Wins don't count when we're talking about Schaub/Yates
- Play-off wins are the highest standard, unless you're talking about Schaub/Yates
- The eyeball test is only valid if it supporst a "Schaub/Yates sucks argument"
You've been around here long enough to know this. It is unacceptable for you to post in blatant disregard for these rules.
My opinion is that Schaub is our starter & until he is not our starter, or the F.O. questions his ability to be our starter, Tj Yates is the kind of back up we need. We can win with Tj. All of Schaub's flaws are instantly cured with the kid. But the intangibles, the thing we don't know about GenoSmith, TylerBray, or even Kirk Cousins.... the ability to read a defense, the ability to run our offense efficiently... odds are better that Tj is better prepared than any of them.
I see Tj as a stop gap. If something happens to Matt, Tj will come in & give us reasonable opportunity to win. He might be special & be able to earn the starting job.
At the very least, he'll give us the option to wait until there is a starter available within our reach, without having to spend more than we can afford.