View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013   #97
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54460 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 1st Round- DeAndre Hopkins WR Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
He bursts off the LOS at the snap. That's what stands out to me, he times the snap very well. I think he beats that LOS jam by a CB pretty well.

I like how he fights for the ball, too. He might draw some P.I. calls, though, because he's doing some grabbing and shoving a lot...but to his credit, his CB is doing the same thing and so he's just fighting for the ball there.

Good clips, btw. Thanks for posting.
No problem.

He played well against Xavier Rhodes, and Rhodes is a good press cover corner. He is a strong receiver and has pretty long arms.

What I like is how he attacks the ball in the air. He fights hard for it every time it is thrown his way, like you said. There is one play in those clips where he is catching the ball with one arm and holding off a defender with the other. You've got to have some pretty strong hands to catch a ball in that type of situation.

He shows good change of direction to make catches off quick reactions and he is good running after the catch too. He is kind of deceiving when he runs after the catch, because it isn't so much that he is fast but that he makes good cuts, especially that initial cut after the catch, and he is strong.

He was dependable at Clemson. Dependability is exactly what we need out of a receiver right now considering our lack of depth.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote