View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013   #42
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 153410 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Doppelmock Version 6.0:Post Comepnsatory Pick Annoucment Draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I really like Manuel and would love to snap him up if he was there when we pick. He'd have a chance to watch for a year as the Schaub era plays out. He's a little raw but his size, arm, and mobility are everything you want in a qb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
I respectfully disagree.

I just don't like the guy as a starting QB. He reminds me too much of a Jason Campebell (at best) or Terrell Pyror (at worst) prospect. He is not a good passer. He makes many poor decision especially when things become quick. He lacks field vision. He tends to lock onto targets rather than work through progressions. He is too quick to run. His accuracy is iffy. He struggled against quality NFL defenses(like Florida).

While he certainly is a big strong powerful guy, he is more an athlete than QB. If you wanted to take him in the 3rd and let him develop that would be one thing. But, like Campebell, if you take him in the first you will likely be disappointed.
Looks like someone out there liked him too. Not saying they won't be disappointed though.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote