View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013   #40
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 1st Round- DeAndre Hopkins WR Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Disagree completely. Patterson looks like a bust waiting to happen, IMO. Mayock is not that sold on him, saying he lacks a lot of maturity. He also doesn't seem to have that great of a motor out there. Almost like a Randy Moss in Randy's latter years.

Justin Hunter, IMO, is a project pick with a high ceiling (I like him BETTER than Patterson) but look, we tried to draft a high ceiling guy like Hunter. His name was Jacoby Jones. Both guys began their football careers as skinny kids and Mayock is concerned Hunter will not add more to his frame. Sure, he's 6'4" but Mayock is concerned about his softness over the middle. Plus, he has a focus problem on some passes. Unsure hands.

I don't think outside of Tavon Austin we could have picked a better Round 1 WR than Hopkins. Watch his highlights and then watch Allen, Austin, Patterson and Hunter highlights. To me, there's a visible difference in the way those guys are playing compared to Hopkins. Eyes don't lie, Hopkins LOOKS better.

No homer here, either. It remains to be seen if Schaub will be able to utilize the guy (I thought he'd be able to gel with Keyshawn Martin, and that turned to mush--though I know it was more Martin than Schaub, but still...). All in all, I think we got the guy we wanted. Kubiak knows offense. Phillips knows defense. So I'm good with this pick and hope he grades out the way others have him projected right now.

Wasn't a reach, wasn't a project pick. And THAT is worth a lot. To me.
Go on....... I'm listening
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote