View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013   #3
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: WR Davone Bess MIA on trade block

Couple things here. First is you listed his cap hit of 3.43m this year, he actually would only count $2,683,000 against the cap to a team that trades for him. That makes him available for trade to the Texans, because he's cheap. However, this is the last year of his deal, so he would be essentially a 1 year rental. I don't have a clue how much he could garner on the free agent market next year, so I won't speculate on that.

I doubt he is getting much interest for trade around the league given this draft is deep at WR, so I bet he could be pried away from the Dolphins for a 4th or maybe a 5th.

They said the Browns are interested, and I think that makes sense, but I don't think the Browns can afford to give up picks to get him. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Dolphins use Bess and some mid round picks to trade up to the Browns spot at #6 to get whichever OT falls there. The Browns need more picks badly, so getting one of the Dolphins 2nds and Bess to move back 6 spots wouldn't be too bad.