View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013   #151
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lance Zierlein Mock Draft 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I think LZ has been completely off base with his mocks and his inside info about guys. No way for me to be sure, but a lot of it just doesn't make sense.

I don't see why San Fran would move up a few spots to take Jones. Now I haven't seen a lot of Jones (or maybe I have and he was just forgettable), but still...Doesn't make sense to me...

And if I'm the Texans I'd rather take Patterson.

Woods is a nice player, but if we're going to take a WR in the first it needs to be a potential stud. I don't see a lot of difference between Woods and some of the second round WR's that will be there as far as ability goes. We don't need a slightly better Devier Posey in the first. We need a real live difference maker.
Unfortunately, I have to agree.

I don't trust anyone who uses league "sources" to rate players. Why would I ever believe that a league source would give even a small bit of truthful incite into what a team is thinking? What's the point in a scout or league "source" even talking to a media individual about players? To throw curveballs? Part of the reason I don't listen to Todd McShay or Mel Kiper. All they do is repeat info from league "sources" and end up contridicting themselves quite often.

I don't get alot of the picks to be honest. Several mocks now where multiple decisions make little to no sense to me.

In 2010, I remember a mock of his that had us taking Ryan Matthews over Joe Haden so, not sure how far the league source thing goes. Nothing personal, just sayin'.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote