View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013   #12
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tits only claim 15 seasons. Can we have Oilers back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
The Adams family will never allow the Oilers logo to be used by the Texans.

And thankfully, Bob McNair does not want anything from that franchise to taint his team.

It's time for old Oilers fans to accept that the 'Houston Oilers' is now nothing more than a footnote in NFL history and fading memories for some football fans in Houston.
I wear my Oiler gear on the bye week every season. Fridays I wear my Texans jersey to work during football season and there's always that one week when we aren't playing to account for. I call it "Earl Campbell Day" and wear my Oiler's #34 to work instead. It's my version of "....and one for my homies" I guess.

I don't want "Oiler's" back anymore. Time finally convinced me that they can't give me back something I already have. They have words on a page, we have history and memories. They can read about it, we lived it. I think we got the better end of that deal.

That's what the bye week is about for me. Texans are off, time to pay my respects to the Oilers. Now that I think about it I need to get me a Jim Kelly Gambler's jersey and make it a more inclusive "Houston Football History" day.