View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013   #18
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 309459 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 NFL Draft

Quote:
Dallas Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones ... had an opportunity to get a little more in-depth with how the Cowboys are approaching the first round of Thursday’s NFL Draft, including the chances of trading out of the No. 18 spot.

“I don’t think we’ll know that until we see who’s there,” Jones told The Blitz on KZDC-AM 1250 in San Antonio. “I do think it’s very possible that we could [trade] out of that pick depending on who’s there.

“It’s a very unique draft. In the 22 years I’ve been in the league, I don’t think I have ever seen a draft where it lacks the high-powered guys up at the top.”
“I think there’s as good a chance that we move out of the pick [as there is] that we stay with it.”
http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/20...at-no-18.html/

Quote:
ALAMEDA -- "Oakland Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie is a true old-school evaluator, where he wants a football player first and an athlete second, and I think Mr. Davis was a little bit the opposite," NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock said. "He wanted the athlete first and thought he could mold him into a football player."
http://www.contracostatimes.com/raid...ment-character

Steelers reassessing character issues during NFL Draft
Quote:
In an effort to remedy possible flawed evaluations, the organization focused more on having discussions with the families of draft-eligible players to better assess their character.

“We actually tried to be a little more proactive in trying to meet families,” Colbert said. “It is something that Coach Tomlin started three years ago. After we draft players, we start to bring their families in to get to know the kids that we drafted.”
Ignoring quarterbacks in draft leaves Bills imperfect
Quote:
Buffalo Bills General Manager Buddy Nix is fond of saying he’d draft a quarterback every year if he could. It hasn’t worked out that way, of course. The team has selected just one – Levi Brown in the seventh round in 2010 – during Nix’s three years running the draft.

That’s nothing new for the franchise. Instead, it’s the continuation of a troubling trend – one that dates to Jan. 31, 1997, A.K.

After Kelly.

Since the greatest passer in franchise history retired on that date, there have been 191 quarterbacks drafted into the NFL. The Bills have taken just three of those. Only the Dallas Cowboys, who have taken two, have drafted fewer quarterbacks over that time...
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote