View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013   #55
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
If Yates/Keenum/McGee do not have the ability to be coached up to be starting NFL QBs, then we need to continue looking at QBs.
Well Thorn, if THAT'S the situation...then why wouldn't you see if Football Jesus could do something for us? Where's the hurt in trying it?

By your words, if we're screwed with what we have...then what's one more potential failure going to matter.

And this phrase "coached up" always makes me shake my head. Coached up? When you get to the NFL, you either can roll as QB or you can't.

Fact: The Broncos were out of playoff contention UNTIL they turned to Tim Tebow, and he led the team to believe they could do it...and they did! Plus, they ousted the Steelers in the opening round before running into the same fugging team (Patriots) that we faced in round 2. Result? Both QBs got shut down and the Pats won.

All things considered, I don't think it's a sin (Tebow joke intended) to contemplate a guy who has shown he can lead an offense from "out of playoffs before he became QB" to "in the playoffs BECAUSE he became QB." And, he hit Thomas in-stride on the opening OT possession to beat the Steelers.

Elway landed a better QB, fine. But Tebow hadn't been given a shot with the Jets...and with that roster and that HC, I don't think it's be a fair assessment of Tebow if he had received a legitimate chance.

By and far, people are more against this move from a public opinion of Tebow Mania than anything else.