View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013   #104
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Life Without Schaub: What if?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
This was the game that made Gary go into the turtle position every time the Texans get a lead today.

Thanks Sage
I don't know. I think he tried to push the tempo quite a bit in 2010, when our defense wasn't up to snuff.

Didn't work out well for us. In 2011, he truly understood what a premium it was to win. I could never put my finger on it, but we changed quite a bit between the Tennessee & Jacksonville game that year. His attempts were already coming down by the time he got hurt in Tampa Bay.

Then when Leinart got hurt...... we leaned more & more on Arian & it's never been the same since. Doesn't matter to me, as long as we win. I'd rather win by 3 if we're playing good football, than by 20 playing suspect ball.... as long as we win & that was the difference between 2011 & 2012.

I'm sure Kubiak saw it & I'm sure the team saw it. They tried their best to fix the problem, but just couldn't. & I'm ok with that. Happens every year, even to the best teams.

Like those teams, we need to continue to find a way to win, even when we aren't at full strength, or if we aren't playing our best football. Denver, Greenbay, & New England didn't look particularly strong, until midway through the season. Batlimore never looked like they had a chance...... but they eeked it out & got it done in January.