View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013   #13
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 393216 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tyrann Matheiu: head scratcher

LSU CB/PR Tyrann Mathieu "had to blow off" two team visits after getting sick last week.
FOX Sports' Jay Glazer intimates it didn't sit well with some teams, but that Mathieu was legitimately ill. If he was sick, he was sick, but even the appearance of a slip-up isn't good for Mathieu in the buildup to this week's draft. Glazer expects Mathieu to come off the board on day two. We agree. Apr 23 - 5:26 PM
Source: Jay Glazer on Twitter
Of 12 NFL personnel people polled by the Journal-Sentinel, nine said they would not draft LSU CB/PR Tyrann Mathieu or sign him as a free agent.
"He's a hell of a punt returner, but he's not that great a player," said one personnel man. "Besides, we got enough guys on our team that smoke dope. Why do I want one that might be smoking it in his room the night before a game?" Mathieu's marijuana issues have been well documented, but he passed his Combine drug test and appears to have turned a corner. There's enough talent here that a team will take a shot on Day 2 of the draft. "I did not want to like him, but he is fantastic," another scout said. "I know he's 5-8 3/4, but when you watch that tape all he does is make plays, and he's an excellent returner." Apr 24 - 10:55 AM
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote