View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013   #28
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: With the 27th pick in the draft, the Houston Texans select...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Now this I don't understand.

Okoye was a top ten pick...He came out and was the youngest player to ever play in the NFL. Ever. Margus Hunt is 25 and will likely be picked at the end of the first round. Coming out of college Margus Hunt has spent more time as a DE than JJ Watt did. He spent more time at DE than Connor Barwin did.

Hunt has been playing DE for 4 years.

I think there's a huge misconception about Hunt by some. He's been playing football for a while now and has gotten better over time. Dude's not just some great athlete that has not played a lick of football...

I think at worst Hunt is a solid starter in a year or two. I think at best he's a dominant player in the front 7.
I love Hunt and would happy as hell if our scouts thought he was the good enough to draft with our first pick. I said a long time ago he would be the perfect player to put under Watts wing. I just think he is risky because he is so raw.

Yes he played 4 years at SMU but he had no clue what football even was before that. Four years in conference USA without ever having played before doesn't make a great résumé. I will say this, he improved every year and looked really good late last season although he wasn't going against great competition.

He is getting drafted more for his potential than what he has shown on the field in actual games. That is why I compared him to Okoye and why I don't think we will go down that road again.