View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013   #13
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 78264 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Greg Cosell 2013 draft thread

Quote:
27. Houston Texans: Again, this is a clear example of need and talent intersecting. I select receiver Keenan Allen from California. Many see Allen as purely a short to intermediate receiver due to his size (6-foot-2, 206 pounds) and lack of explosive speed. I saw much more than that. Heís a smooth accelerator with deceptive vertical burst. Heís very fluid, quick in-and-out of breaks. He had a wide catching radius, consistently snatching the ball with his hands. He handled press coverage very well, with both quickness and strength. You do not see that very often with college receivers. Something else you donít see frequently in college, and itís so critical in the NFL, is the ability to make every route look the same off the line of scrimmage. Allen did that with his compact vertical stem. NFL corners will tell you itís very difficult to read routes when thatís the case. How about this for a comparison: Reggie Wayne, who was the 30th player chosen in the 2001 draft. By the way Wayne was the sixth WR selected that year. Remember the top 5: David Terrell, Koren Robinson, Rod Gardner, Santana Moss and Freddie Mitchell.
That kinda makes my ears red! The more I read and YouTube this guy he's slowly making my DeAndre Hopkins want go away. If he can stay healthy, why not?

I know a lot of folks were high on him from the git-go. It's taken me a while to come around.

Does everyone who liked him early-on still like him as much? (did that make sense?)

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote