View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013   #68
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dre is asking for a #2 WR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
breaking news: nfl qbs are get big money. schaub's contract is pretty average compared to a lot of the qb deals being done. brees and flacco's contracts average ~20m per yr, schaubs is only 13m and has nowhere near the same garunteed money. the Texans can get out of the contract relatively cheaply after this year if he doesn't play better than he did last yr

so sorry that contract is not the huge backbreaker you're making it out to be.. so there goes the one piece of ammo you came back with. feel free to mention all the teasm that have better drafts and fa than the Texans. I wont be holding my breath as I can think of only about 3 teams that have matched the Texans performance over the last few yrs. there's a reason the Texans are widely regarded as having one of the most talented rosters in the lg {Qoute ////}

1. You do know that Schaubs contract spead the bonus $$$ out at 3.5 mil per yr until 2016. So even if Schaub plays this yr and Rick cuts him, the Texans will still be on the hook for 10.5 mil in bonus $$$$ and still need to re-sign Cushing and Watt the next 2 yrs. Seems like a pretty stupid way to set up a contract if you ask me. You should do a little research before you start believing everything you read in the media. Check out Spotrac.com to see the reported figures on Schaub's contract.

49ers/Seahawks/Packers/Atlanta and debateable Steelers/Ravens/Bengals/Colts

All of these teams except the Steelers have set themselves up to be in better cap situations than the Texans.

Over the last 3 drafts can you tell me how many true impact players Rick/Gary/Wade have selected?

a load of reasons- bad matchups v elite qbs, critical injuries, playing too much man coverage etc etc. nothing that really has anything to do with the point we're discussing Texans recent excellent drafts and FA acq's
Excuses, and you still haven't addressed that fact that after all of these yrs Rick/Gary still haven't been able to find a suitable WR2?
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote