View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013   #14
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Blake's 1 and Only Texans Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Yall are gonna have to explain to me what yall are looking for when deciding if a player is a fast twitch guy. Ive never noticed it.
This is what I look at...can't speak for others....

I'd compare Mario and JJ Watt.

Watt is quick Twitch. Mario was not.

To me it's about your reaction. That's why combine results don't tell the whole story and it's why I don't think Brooks Reed will make a good full time ILB.

It's about how fast you see something, the signal reaches your brain and the brain sends the message to your body to do something about it.

When you're at the combine, there is very little reacting in the tests. You know what you have to do before you even go to the event. The shuttles and cone drills show that you have the ability to make cuts and have good agility....

But it doesn't mean that when you're on the field that your body will react in a quick twitch manner.

Just my opinion...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote