View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013   #13
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Blake's 1 and Only Texans Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Yall are gonna have to explain to me what yall are looking for when deciding if a player is a fast twitch guy. Ive never noticed it.
fast twitch to me is natural athletic ability to be explosive despite size with fluid movements, loose hips, ability to drop & explode. Marqus uses a long first step & relies on his strength, plays too high, not sure about his core flexibility? will probably be overdrafted based on potential but doubt Texans fall into this category.

Jason Pierre-Paul & Aldon Smith are examples of fast twitch players. Kawaan Short flashes more explosive fast twitch ability as does a player seldom mentioned around here who would actually be a perfect fit in Wade Phillips d as OLB Alex Okafor, Texas. I have him graded much higher than Hunt & he reminds me a lot of Aldon. Don't know why nobody brings his name up, feel like I should have mocked him in the first. He can dip & turn the corner. Has rangy frame that is both fluid, explosive & has both power/speed to spare like 2nd gear. Health problems affected his career @ Texas but make no mistake he is a great example of a fast twitch athlete who can rush the passer.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote