View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013   #11
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Blake's 1 and Only Texans Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Margus Hunt is a very raw talent to grade out by Texans as worth a first rd. pick. flashes big play potential but not a fast twitch athlete, production based off raw strength & over matching lesser competition. Maybe end of 2nd early 3rd?
To be honest the fast twitch thing is something I have never really noticed in players. Maybe you are right. I just feel that he fits the mold for a 3-4 lineman and I want to get Watt as much help as I can at a vital position to overall team success. I think most of us are fans of building the trenches up. Another reason I took him is that without projecting a trade down there is no way to assure that he is there at 57. If you like a player I think most agree that you just take him when you know he is going to be there.

Quote:
very high for Luke, coming off season he didn't even play because of injury, even had medical exclusion @ the combine. Good RT candidate to develop but not athletic as Newton, I don't know. trying to catch lightening in a bottle again I guess.
That is exactly right. I am trying to catch a stud who was overshadowed by his unfortunate injury situation. I am OK with grabbing a different OT, but I thought that if this guy can come back healthy, he would be smooth enough to excel in a ZBS scheme. And at the 124th overall pick it would be lightning in a bottle.

Quote:
same thing with Denard Robinson, jack of all trades but master of none. I actually prefer him to stay @ QB see what Chip Kelly thinks?
Ever since his nerve injuries he has had trouble throwing. I think he is recovering, but I prefer him at slot or RB where he can get in space and use his amazing athletic ability to grab some YAC. I mean, the guy runs without his shoes tied! Of course in the NFL you get fined for that...

Quote:
Have to give you a hard time but mostly because those of us who've followed you have missed your contributions, you are a valued & respected member held in high esteem around here
Wow, I didnt realize that people actually gave a damn about what I thought or said. Its been a super busy year with working and going back to school full time and I just didnt have the same amount of time to put into draft research which I love talking with alot of people on this board. But thanks for the kind words.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote