View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013   #35
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 56294 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bob McGinn gauges WR class with quotes from various NFL Scouts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
Well, from what I have read & seen I do know injuries hampered him some his senior season & his QB wasn't all that great nor was the talent around him. I'm not saying the latter 2 were the sole reasons for the lack of eye popping stats, but they can contribute to the problem. From what I saw at the Senior Bowl to go along w/ the limited other film on him as well as what I have read, he seems to have the potential & tools. I like the kid, but I guess we all have that 1 player some may have not heard much about but think highly of...I guess that's Dobson for me.
From Walter Football ranked 15th best wide receiver.

Quote:
Aaron Dobson, WR, Marshall
Height: 6-2. Weight: 203. Arm: 33 1/2. Hand: 8 1/2.
Projected 40 Time: 4.51.
Projected Round (2013): 3-5.
4/23/13: Dobson was held out of the 40 and field work at the Combine. He totaled 679 yards with three touchdowns on 57 receptions in 2012, but only had one 100-yard receiving game. Sophomore receiver Tommy Shuler was the far more productive wide out with over 50 more catches and almost 500 more yards.

Dobson had 49 receptions for 668 yards with 12 touchdowns in 2011. He totaled 44 catches for 689 yards and five scores in 2010.

Dobson put together a solid week of practice at the Senior Bowl.