View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013   #20
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 120523 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: With the 27th pick in the draft, the Houston Texans select...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Short is a nice player but he doesn't have near the ceiling that hunt has. I think if we got hunt at the end of the first it'd be a steal, whereas I think shorts value is late first early second.

I like shorts game, but he can't do a lot of the things hunt can do just from a pure ability standpoint. Hunts ceiling is very, very high.

I've gone back and forth over the last couple months and if we stay at 27 I think hunt provides the most value to this team in the short and long term.
The bolded is confusing to me. What is it that Hunt can do that Short cant? Right now Short is head Nd shoulders above Hunt in every aspect of the game. The only thing Hunt has on Short at this point is that he's a better athlete. There's reall no comparison in the two as far as what they are capable of doing on the football field.

Hunt is a project player. There is a huge gamble in taking him. Great athletes dont always translate to great players. You can say he has a higher ceiling based on his physical abilities but at the same time you have to realize he has a way lower floor. He is similar to Okoye when we drafted him. Not sure at this point we should be gambling on upside. IMO we need to go for more experienced guys that have proven themselves consistently against top competition.