View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013   #10
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: With the 27th pick in the draft, the Houston Texans select...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I'm going with Kevin Minter. I think we go LB in the 1st, WR 2nd, OT/OG, NT in the 3rd, S in 4th, and whatever after that.
Depending on the players that would be a very good draft. Waiting to hit on a need in a later round is so risky, I tend to want to avoid that. For example, if I knew B. Williams NT would be there #89, I would be ecstatic. Minter is good but not the physical tackler I want. He had 111 tackles '12 but not sure if he holds up in NFL playing as he did for LSU. As you know, you cannot look just at size. Minter is right there with Klein, Te'o and Beauharnais, just not sure if same type of player. I mocked Minter early but backed up from him just a bit as season wore on. I could be wrong but I am concerned about him. He is very cerebral though and that could make him very good. I guess for me it is better to use a later round pick for similar player for a position rather than gamble on a first.