View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013   #56
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Step it up, Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
I simply don't see them drafting a NT early. They have dealt w/ the combination of Cody & Mitchell & acted as if it sufficed. I think Mitchell is an upgrade over Cody & they could possibly draft someone to rotate w/ Earl later in the draft, but I think Earl is going to get an opportunity to start. I'm not saying I like it or agree w/ it but based on the Texans lack of concern for that position in the past, I would be surprised if it all of sudden becomes a concern & they give up on a young Mitchell.

I think the best available LB, ILB or OLB, will be an option considering it has already crossed their minds to move Reed. A little flexibility in options, but I think it will be WR or LB early. The star WR wants a running mate & the owner wants a playmaker. I think that's enough said to be honest.
I get your point and you may be on target BUT, I do not think you can base today upon what Wade did last season. I think he liked Mercilus and needed another OLB with Mario leaving. 2nd round traded so nothing there with very good picks after that may have eliminated a nose. They had a solid if not great starter in Cody. I am one of the few if not only one who thinks a healthy Cody would get nod over Mitchell this season. Mitchell is in his last year and I do not want to have nothing in the pantry if he does not step it up.

If we don't improve Nose we better get a tackling machine for ILB. In my mocks, I get both.