Originally Posted by mussop
27. Houston Texans: Menelik Watson, OT, Florida State. I don't agree with Watson being a first-round pick, but he shows more athleticism on the field than in drills and teams appear to be intrigued by his upside
57. Texans: Keenan Allen, WR, California. Thanks to a slower 40 time and prolonged recovery process, Allen could wind up in the late second-round. He wins with burst in and out of breaks and reliable hands at the catch point.
89. Texans: Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas
95. Texans: Jordan Reed, TE, Florida.
124. Texans: William Gholston, DE, Michigan State.
160. Texans: Luke Marquardt, OT, Azusa Pacific.
195. Texans: Cobi Hamilton, WR, Arkansas.
201. Texans: Cierre Wood, RB, Notre Dame
233. Texans: Rodney Smith, WR, Florida State.
I would love this draft!!!
I would love this draft.
I don't necessarily think we need a 1st rounder at OT, but if we get the right guy at RT, this team will go to another level. We won't be the fakers that finished 12-4. We would dominate & truly belong among the elite teams for years to come.
That is if we get the right guy. The right guy would keep Matt from having to adlib & make plays outside the pocket. The right guy would allow us to run the ball at will. The right guy may very well be Derek Newton, but I think finding the right guy is important enough that we take the kind of chance this draft implies... that Derek may not be the right guy.
Three WRs, and another young back ensures competition will be fierce at the skill position. We can only benefit.
Yes, we've got issues with our outside pass rush. We've got issues at ILB. But if we change our philosophy & begin to run up the score (like we know we can) JjWatt & them boys on Kirby will do what they need to do.
I'd love this draft. It's bold & puts pressure on all the right places.