View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013   #52
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dre is asking for a #2 WR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Just some comparables:

Baltimore 06-09: Ngata, Grubbs, Flacco and Oher with relatively late picks.

Colts 01-03: Wayne, Freeney and Clark were 3 nice ones in a row.

Chiefs 05-08: Derrick Johnson, Tamba Hali, Dwayne Bowe and Branden Albert ain't so bad. Sadly for the Chiefs, no QB to capitalize on the talent in KC.

Jets in 06-07: Dbrick, Revis and Mangold. These guys were a lot of the reason they made it to two AFCCs.

Giants 08-09: Kenny phillips, Hakeem Nicks, JPP.

49ers had a lot of good picks over the last 6-7 years. VD, Staley and Willis were over a 3 year span. Iupati, Davis and Aldon Smith were within 2 years. Lots of great drafts for that club, and you can see the results on the field.

I think it's pretty obvious that hitting on 1st round picks is essential to winning, but it's interesting to see the trend of contributors to Super Bowl teams.
There were some other good stretches that I almost pulled up with my original response but he was asking for 1st rounds. The Niners' nonconsecutive drafts where they got Montana, Lott, Craig, and Rice was pretty epic.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote