View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013   #110
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 28119 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans 2013 Schedule Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
How convenient you leave off the defenses in your discussion of it being a team sport. Wait how about the game planning by the coaches as well? I thought Belichick was a genius and regularly out coached others. And here I heard Sean Payton was designing an O to get the ball all over the field.

My comment was about trite truisms.
Heh, I know you have this overly defensive thing about Schaub but I didn't conveniently leave off anything. The post you quoted was about Schaub needing pieces around him to perform better. That is offense. Not defense. Defense helps the team perform better (and win), not the quarterback except in the scales of getting the ball back to him often and in good field position. Still up to the QB and offense to do something with it...hence my post. Those guys performed offensively with little around them.

Schaub's performance is what is being pointed out to hide the issues he has in his game or make them less of an impact you need to get more playmakers/talent around him. As I said, there is nothing wrong with that. If he was a horrible quarterback then it wouldn't matter what talent you got around him, he would still find a way to not produce. That isn't the case.

You asked for one and they were named. Any point ever brought up could then have variables tossed on top of that as you are seemingly trying to do now. You didn't say 'name one with medicore coaches!'
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote