View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013   #25
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Darrelle Revis to Tampa Bay Bucaneers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I think the Jets won this one. I know the Bucs were desperate for some help in the secondary, but I don't think Revis is worth Mario Williams money. They do have a lot of capspace to spend, but I think it could have been spent elsewhere more effectively. I doubt they keep Revis for more than 2 years, but they might be able to trade him for some picks too. Doesn't matter though, the Bucs won't be able to topple the Falcons in that division anyways, Tom Brady is the real winner of this trade.
You should have said that Mario Williams is not worth Revis money. Revis is a LOT more valuable than Mario will ever be.

I don't see how the Jets won this. Of course no one will really be able to say until 2 or 3 years from now. Chances are whomever they select with the 13th pick is not going to be near the player Revis is (assuming he comes back strong from his injury).

If Revis doesn't pan out then the Bucs lost a 1st and 4th. Considering the number of 1st round busts there are each season I think it's worth the gamble to land whom some think is the best defensive player in the league.

None of the contract is guaranteed so there is no cap risk if he doesn't pan out.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote