View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013   #27
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Step it up, Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucetx View Post
Good post Evolist. It's one reason I don't see NT as high as many. Unless Wade is changing the defense the NT is not on the field for the Texans as much as other 3-4 defenses. On top of that Mitchell did outplay Cody and is good for penetrating which Wade likes.

Though with that said, if one of the top DT's fall (and there is a slight chance of it) to 27 then I think they should grab him and adjust the defense a bit. Have to adjust to your personnel after all. But if they don't grab one til later in the draft I think they will be fine with Mitchell and a developing player. It's just not a position overly utilized by Wade and we didn't have issues against the run like we did against those fun spread teams tossing the ball all over the place. In those situations the NT is generally not even on the field.
Mitchell can always split time between NT and DE to give Smith and Watt a breather. And Smith might not be back in 2014.

Lots of teams rotate their linemen.
We can always look for a NT in round 3 or later; however, if we can find one who can play all 3 downs, I wouldn't be pissed if the Texans select him earlier.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote