View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013   #3
Number19
All Pro

Rep Power: 25944 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Locked In - My Final Mock

I've been high on Knott for maybe two months, and have been persuaded by sound comments that maybe I was overvaluing where he should be taken. But as you said, the 6th round is where you might gamble on a good athlete who has question marks.

Your comments on Thomas are the first I've read, at least that I remember, who cast some doubt on taking this prospect and certainly so late in the 3rd. I'm aware that he has some limitations, but I wanted a LB in the first three rounds. The more I studied the prospects that were likely to be available at this draft position, I always came back to Thomas. My final thinking was that even if he wasn't everything I wanted, he did represent an upgrade over Sharpton and therefor represented an improvement in the defense.

What I wanted was two definite starters from this draft - #1 and #2 - and two who would challenge for the starting position with a strong likelihood of starting the first game. By the third round all your draft choices are going to have some limitations. Both Taylor and Thomas have the high football IQ that will allow them to learn the system quickly and challenge for their respective starting positions.
Number19 is offline   Reply With Quote