View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013   #29
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dre is asking for a #2 WR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
I'm really surprised by some of the responses.

Do I think AJ is begging for some help? Borderline. I think he's pointing out what's been screamingly obvious to everyone but the FO, this team needs a legit #2 WR and throwing late round picks at the problem isn't going to solve the problem anymore than late round picks at safety helped.

Name someone else productive at WR since KW production has just fallen off the charts. Martin? Slot WR at best. Lestar doesn't have the high end speed you want in an elite outside WR. Posey was a project before the injury and even more so after. Still a bad pick. This team just can't seem to develop anything legit at WR.
Just want to point out that the Patriots had drafted WR higher than the Texans since 2006 (high second #36, and two thirds.) None of them panned out; one was cut.

The Texans had 3 guys:
Jacoby who they let go either due to money or player personal safety (or a combination of both), Posey and Martin who only had one year in the league.
(Two thirds and a fourth.)

Which team did a better job developing receivers? Just saying.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote