View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013   #12
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 439853 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NT or DE in first 3 picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Have we ever drafted to fill holes? I just don't see the texans going into the draft saying, we have to fill these holes. It may have a small impact but no way do they approach it saying, ok we have to get an ILB, NT, OT and a WR in the first four rounds like everyone here wants mocks to go.

Thats just unrealistic.
I think, under Smith at least, the concept has always been to take the BPA at a position of need.

We needed a left tackle, we drafted Duane Brown (and a lot of people thought we reached.)

We needed linebackers and we drafted Cushing, Sharpton, and Reed.

We needed a RB (after failing to find one in FA) and we drafted Slaton and Tate.

We needed a DB and we drafted Kareem and McMannis and when Kareem didn't have a good rookie season, we drafted Brandon Harris and Roc Carmichael.

We need a WR and we draft Posey and Martin.

I can't remember a year under this regime where they didn't draft someone to fill almost all (if not all) of the holes perceived that year going into the draft.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote