View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013   #12
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NT or DE in first 3 picks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Have we ever drafted to fill holes? I just don't see the texans going into the draft saying, we have to fill these holes. It may have a small impact but no way do they approach it saying, ok we have to get an ILB, NT, OT and a WR in the first four rounds like everyone here wants mocks to go.

Thats just unrealistic.
I think, under Smith at least, the concept has always been to take the BPA at a position of need.

We needed a left tackle, we drafted Duane Brown (and a lot of people thought we reached.)

We needed linebackers and we drafted Cushing, Sharpton, and Reed.

We needed a RB (after failing to find one in FA) and we drafted Slaton and Tate.

We needed a DB and we drafted Kareem and McMannis and when Kareem didn't have a good rookie season, we drafted Brandon Harris and Roc Carmichael.

We need a WR and we draft Posey and Martin.

I can't remember a year under this regime where they didn't draft someone to fill almost all (if not all) of the holes perceived that year going into the draft.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote