View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013   #98
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Life Without Schaub: What if?

Maybe another repeat. Draft Questionnair II: David Carr
Quote:
Q: Because of that, do you ever wonder how your career might've changed if you were chosen by another, more established, team or a team that didn't have to start you immediately?

Carr: "When people would ask me in my first couple of years in the league, 'Would you rather start right away or watch the [starter] and learn from him?" I used to say, 'I'd rather start all the time.' Sitting here now, I would love to be on the field. But looking back at it, I think it would've been better off -- not only for me but for the team in Houston -- for me to sit there and watch a guy. The first NFL game I ever saw I was playing in, and it was a shock to the system and something I wasn't truly prepared for. We had a long road, and we battled for five years to get it right. But it was just a situation where we never put it together."