View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013   #8
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dre is asking for a #2 WR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...wide-receiver/

This made me depressed. Dre is all class and the definition of a pro and this makes me feel like he is now pleading for help.

Maybe Im wrong but this makes me really despise Kubiak and Rick Smith even more.
I'm sorry, but while I don't believe for one minute Andre is "pleading for help" with the idea of moving on if he doesn't get it, I find it incredible that anyone would actually believe he's got any basis whatsoever to do so.

Thanks to using his Uncle as his agent, 'Dre did a crappy second deal, and pretty much immediately upon voicing displeasure about it, had that deal redone with 5 years still left on it - that's unheard of. If I recall correctly, he became the second highest paid receiver in the league at the time (2010). Since then, his team has gone to the playoffs 2 out of 3 years, won a playoff game in both of those two seasons, and continue to have a window to win that is roughly equivalent to the prime years Dre's got left in his career.

The Texans have put 'Dre into a very good position at this point in his career, and anyone claiming he's going to be unhappy and want to move on if his input/comments aren't acted upon doesn't know 'Dre very well, and they apparently don't understand the business of NFL football very well either.