View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013   #5
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 24813 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dre is asking for a #2 WR

A little more in depth link:

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...pid=sportshcat

He answers DX-TX's question here:

Quote:
“If we’re able to add another guy, it would probably be the best group of receivers we’ve had since I’ve been here,” Johnson said. “Adding another guy (to go with) Posey, Lestar (Jean) and Keshawn — that’s a lot of talent. Not only would it be good for now, but it would be good for our future.”
- So I don't think he's down on the guys we already have, but maybe he doesn't think one is an automatic #2.

I like how he goes on to say he'd like to play another 5 years:

Quote:
“I think there’s a big window for the organization, but Andre Johnson’s window is not very big,” he said. “When I came into this league, my goal was to play 10 years. Now I want to play five more."
And here's a comment from a fan that I can really get behind, from the same link:

Quote:
RD90
9:20 PM on April 20, 2013
Take Dre Hopkins out of Clemson, he'll be ready to go day 1 and will be a big red zone threat.

Trade one of our mid-round picks (we have a few extra via the supplemental) for Nick Foles from the Eagles. Foles isn't going to fit into Chip Kelly's read-option offense and would be nice (and inexpensive...draft choice wise) replacement for Schaub after the the 2014 season (once his guaranteed money has cleared the cap) if not before.
You're not going to trade any supplement picks, but if there was anyway to get Nick Foles and give up some picks I would do it in a heartbeat.
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote