View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013   #5
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 191640 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TT member mock - Texans draft picks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I would approve of this draft. It wouldn't be exactly as I expected but I would approve it.
What I meant by "went as expected" was that I really didnt want to make the pick @ 27 , much rather would have traded out of the selection and at 57 I got my targeted player in Rogers.

Looking at the picks from 20-60 I really didnt see much drop off in talent .....

Had I not taken Short , It would have been interesting to see how long he lasted beyond that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Wish OT would have been addressed earlier. But the value at the positions you picked was too great to pass up. I wonder if there was a good OT available in the 3-4th rd would Gary/Rick trade a 2014 pick to get an OT. Say like a 2013 5th and a 2014 3rd to draft my favorite RT Fragel at the top of the 4th?
In hindsight , If I had that #27 pick to make again , I would likely go with an OT there , and keep my choices the same from 57 to #124.
There were a couple NT/DT guy's available beyond that point of the draft that I think could be solid contributors. The OT's just went much quicker than I expected .....

Really looking forward to the actual draft to see if that holds true .... or if we just over value the position because its a need ....kinda like the way WR's went in this draft exercise while we allowed some prospects at other positions to really drop a few rounds.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote