Thread: Mussop mock
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013   #6
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mussop mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCTexan View Post
At just a quick glance, I don't like that there's no safety. I'm really hoping we pick someone this year to groom behind Reed

I would also like to see a pass rusher a bit earlier as I think we need another guy for the rotation, and an ILB. We need more there after Cushing.
I really wanted all of those but these guys just seemed like perfect fits at the time they were available. I know most people try and fill all holes with their mocks, I just wanted to find guys that I thought fit well and were good value at each pick.

Real drafts never fill all needs. They go after BPA that fits the team. As I went through players that should be available per round these were the guys that I thought had good value and fit the team well.

The offense got an injection of youth and talent that should help it for years to come. The defense got an injection of youth with size and athleticism in their front seven where it was needed the most. I hate that I didn't get a you g safety to groom under Reed And an ILB to grow with Cushing but you can't realistically expect to fill every hole with one draft. There is still FA and if these guys pan out there are two huge contracts that they could replace next year allowing us to finally have some money to add a really good FA or two.