View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013   #17
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Wonder(lic) of top WR prospects and other pass catcher tidbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
I am thinking that speed and hands are what teams look at more than the test. I mean lets face it when Austin is going over the middle and is about to make a catch I seriously doubt P.Willis is going to ask him a math question.
Yeah, but the problem is that if you've got an offense where the WR has to make reads and alter his route on the defense, he's got to be smart enough to read the defense. At least a little.

It's like with the Cowboys last year where Dez Bryant reads one defense and Romo reads another and Romo throws a pick-six because they weren't on the same page. If I've got a guy who's extremely talented but dumb as rocks and a guy who's somewhat talented but smart as hell and I've got a complicated offense, I'm drafting the smarter guy.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote