View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013   #46
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 108854 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 Texans Draft Analysis

I like Menelik Watson but I'd rather trade back into the high 2nd round and land an extra third for him. I think he'll be around that long.

That said, I hope teams go dumb and let Keenan Allen fall. Watch his tape and you'll know that 4.71 in the 40 is not indicative of his game speed. However, if he is not fit to start the season, no. I'd rather have DeAndre Hopkins, who I think will start on day 1.

I like Vance McDonald, but 3rd is a bit high to draft a TE, given OD and Graham already being on the roster. However, when Graham went down, our offense became even weaker. You can argue and convince me that given Schaub's proficiency in intermediate passing (relative to deep passing) it would be nice to have another target in the intermediate zone.

Knile Davis in the 7th? I'll laugh all the way to the bank with that pick. Great RB and makes Tate less of a necessity when it comes time to renegotiate his contract. Kenjon Barner would be nice as a speed back or in a Darren Sproles esque role in our team, add another wrinkle to our run game.

Sio Moore in the second would be fantastic. I'd be ecstatic if we got him.

I'm very high on Philip Thomas, S, SD State, in the 3rd. I think he's great to learn under Reed and will be a starter once Reed is gone.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote